Job Posting: Facilities and Special Events Associate
- The Rev. Lisa M. Zaina
- May 18, 2017
- Blog Feed
TITLE: Facilities and Special Events Associate
REPORTS TO: The Parish Administrator
THE CHURCH: Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church is a 1,500-member parish in the Atlanta suburb of Sandy Springs, GA. It shares its campus with the Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School, the largest Episcopal parochial day school in the country. Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church is an embracing and engaging community of faith, living into our baptismal covenant.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS: High-level administrative support, oversight, relationship building, and scheduling. In support of mission and ministry goals, direct and conduct financial, physical plant, and administrative services to support the ministries of the Church. Ensure that all operations functions are performing smoothly and efficiently. Plan, coordinate and staff parish special events.
TEAM MEMBERS: Communications Director, Communications Assistant – Graphic Design, Receptionist, Accountant, and the Building Maintenance Services Management Consulting Service.
Property and Facilities Management
- Serve as Staff representative to Property and Memorials Committees
- Direct and manage property and facilities at the direction of the Parish Administrator to ensure that the site, physical plant, and Church building, are in condition for all Church activities.
- Coordinate and schedule the use of the facilities and maintain reservations for the parish events
- Advise Parish Administrator of issues related to building rentals and
- Work collaboratively with Building Maintenance Services Management Consulting Service.
- Serve as Staff representative to Hospitality Committee
- Responsible for coordinating all parish wide events, including, but not limited to:
- Sunday breakfasts
- Parish-wide meals
- Celtic festival
- Wednesday evening events
- Responsible for coordinating small parish group events and committee events
- Represent Parish Administrator with kitchen staff
- Ventulett Gallery coordination with artists and committee. Oversee functions.
Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church has many moving parts as a consequence of its size, as well as the necessary coordination with HIES and its many events. Experience in an environment with many ongoing initiatives is critical.
Professional in appearance and demeanor. Diplomatic communication style.
Proven experience in event planning.
Ability to use event scheduling software, online calendars, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Excellent organizational skills, problem solving skills, ability to work with colleagues and constituents, and a pastoral sensitivity with an ability to maintain confidentiality.
The ability to keep a cool head under pressure and with competing demands for attention.
Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment.
Ability to drive a car for church errands.
There may be occasional weekend and evening duties, depending upon the season of the church and time of year.
Please submit cover letter and resume to . Salary is commensurate with experience.
This is a Full-time position with Salary and Benefits.